Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Most Anticipated....

So, despite several very good movies that came out so far this year (Toy Story 3, The Kids Are All Right, Winter's Bone), I still get the feeling that 2010 has been a tad lackluster in terms of film for the year. The upcoming months (Oct-Dec) should hold a plethora of interesting movies for us to see..... Here are my personally most anticipated movies.

1. Black Swan: Director Darren Arronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler) directs Natalie Portman in a movie about a ballerina and her archrival. The preview has an awesome Rosemary's Baby vibe, and it's been getting great buzz in the blogosphere. I absolutely cannot wait. I'll be there opening weekend.


2. The Social Network: Director David Fincher tells the dark story of the beginning of Facebook. While Benjamin Button was bloated and overdone, Fincher has done great work in the past (Zodiac, Fight Club) Another one with great buzz.


3. Another Year: Director Mike Leigh is one of the great treaures of modern cinema. I love his naturalistic portraits of life in everyday Britain. I also think perhaps the worst Oscar snub of the decade was the lack of nomination for Sally Hawkins in Happy-Go-Lucky for Best Actress in 2008. Lesley Manville is getting similar buzz for this one, and it also has old Leigh favorite Jim Broadbent and Imelda Staunton.


4. True Grit: The Coen Brothers entry of the year. They made my favorite movie of the year last year (A Serious Man). This is a remake of a John Wayne movie and stars Jeff Bridges. I'm intrigued.....

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. So this probably won't end up being in the top 5 of the year, but I really can't wait for it. I've really enjoyed every Potter movie since Part 3, and I can't wait to see how they (begin) to wrap it up on screen.


I'm also looking forward to: The King's Speech, The Way Back, The Fighter, Rabbit Hole, Never Let Me Go, and Biutiful.

Anyone else? What has you salivating from the upcoming season?

2 comments:

  1. hey there
    i've read some of your blogs
    I think they're fantastic and i thought this film was great.
    I'm fifteen and are attempting and at the moment epically failing to start a film blog of my own.
    so far I have a massive following of 7 which includes myself and my sister
    I'm currently doing a piece on the films of Quentin Tarantino who i think is a brilliant genre-blending if occasionally empty director
    i'll definetly be joining and recommending this blog to all my friends and small following
    feel free to check mine out if you've got the time
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way too excited for 'Black Swan.' Every shot of the trailer looks wonderful. In my mind it's already the best movie of 2010.

    ReplyDelete