Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SAG Winners

Sunday night was the Screen Actors Guild awards. Unfortunately I do not have cable, so I couldn't watch the stars. Here were the movie winners:

Ensemble: Slumdog Millionaire
Actor: Sean Penn, Milk
Actress: Meryl Streep, Doubt
Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Supporting Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader

Well, there you have it folks. Aside from the Kate Winslet switcheroo (she was nominated in Best Actress instead of Supporting for The Reader), I think this will be your lineup. Kate will win Best Actress and Penelope Cruz will probably win supporting.

I thought Heath Ledger was terrific in The Dark Knight. Maybe not terrific enough to justify his steamrolling of just about every supporting actor award (I loved Josh Brolin in Milk and Bill Irwin in Rachel Getting Married perhaps slightly more), but brilliant. I do, however, think that by the time he wins for the umpteenth time at the Oscars, it won't feel all that emotional because so many other shows will have already had their poignant moments. Then again, maybe I'll still get a lump in my throat....

No comments:

Post a Comment